Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Post Amsterdam Marathon Feedback

I did it! I managed to complete my first marathon. I knew it would be hard, but had no idea HOW hard it would be. In training runs, I felt great and confident. Two minutes before the start, I felt amazing and pumped up. Two minutes into the race though, my little world came crashing down. My legs were instantly heavy and sore. My mp3 player stopped working so no music for me. All of a sudden my mind was playing tricks and all I wanted to do, was quit. For the life of me I couldn't convince myself that I'm supposed to be enjoying it. Ok ok, I will stop complaining now. I'm unbelievably happy that I went through this now so I can know what it feels like to have a very bad day out on the road. But more importantly, how to push through and not give up!! What a fantastic experience!



1 comment:

Hans Norbart said...

Sanet,

We were there to see you finish your first marathon. I'm soooooo proud of you! I promised to have you on my mind the whole day. Aparantly I didn't do that hard enough, cause you had a hard day ;-).
Now it's time to push on. Remember to have fun with all the running you have to do. Be creative with your exercises, tht makes it easier to maintain your spirit. I do believe in your capabilities to do the Marathon des Sables.

Love

Hans